Monday, August 13, 2012

"Make new friends but keep the old..."

This Girl Scout song popped into my head today. I'm a hoarder when it comes to anything that could be used with my students (what teacher isn't right). Well, recently I've been cleaning house. I inherited about two filing cabinets full of "STUFF" from the previous teacher who taught in my room. I've been going "NEW, NEW, NEW" in my head all week!

Today, I ran across this little gem:
This is a binder that came with a Math Manipulatives kit that I bought about 6 years ago for my very first (awe how sweet :) Elementary Mathematics college course.

I have been wracking my brain trying to figure out individual math activities for my kiddos to do during our math workshop......I didn't want to reinvent the wheel and I didn't want to pay a fortune, but I wanted research-based objective oriented activities FAST! (every teacher's dilemma). Then, out of the back of my trunk (never know what you'll find there) this baby appeared!

I'm so in love! It gives recommendations for all kinds of fun (research-based) activities to do using the Cuisenaire manipulatives! I'm in the process of creating a bunch of individualized, colorful, kid-friendly activities. Here's a freebie: Rod Addition

Look for more at my store (i'm a newbie so be nice :)
Miss Spivey's Store

SOOOOO.....My math workshop is the new friend and my manipulatives kit is the old friend. Funny that the new would never be possible without the old....lesson learned???? perhaps :) HAPPY MONDAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment